PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
2 medium fresh mackerel
5 red scotch bonnet pepper
1 small ginger
4 cloves of garlic
1 tsp anise seeds
1 tsp grains of selim
4 african orchid nutmeg
1 tsp black peppercorn
1 stalk fresh thyme
1 tsp Salt
• Blend scotch bonnet pepper, shallots, ginger, garlic, anise seeds, grains of selim, African orchid nutmeg and black peppercorn into a smooth mixture and set aside.
• Pour fresh mackerel into a saucepan over medium heat, add salt, thyme, the blended mixture, stir, cover and let steam for 5 minutes.
• Take out the mackerel, set aside then add water.
• Add and adjust salt to your taste, stir and let boil for 10 minutes.
• Add the mackerel, stir gently and let simmer for 3 minutes.
• Fresh mackerel soup ready to serve.